The Company will collect personal information, manage and use it, and disclose it in a way
that complies with relevant legislation in NZ.
While our systems do provide secure transactions for payment across the internet, all parties should be aware that
there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
Purpose of Policy
Lupo takes its obligations under the relevant Privacy Acts very seriously and will take all steps in order to comply with
the Acts and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This policy sets out how we do so.
The Personal Information the Organisation Collects
We may collect and hold the following personal information: names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of participants.
We also record employment and contact details of participants.
Lupo collects personal and business information. This information is collected for the specific purposes of
managing and administering the Business Challenge. We also use collected personal information to notify our
clientele and participants of upcoming competitions or other useful information and offers as provided by our business partners.
We do not contract out or sell personal information under any circumstances.
We collect personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations.
In collecting personal information the Company will:
- only collect information for lawful purposes related to its function;
- only collect the information that is necessary and by lawful means;
- where possible only collect personal information that is provided by the individual to whom the information
relates, collecting in a way that is not personally intrusive;
- where information is provided by someone else, ensure that collection has been authorised by the individual concerned,
or by someone who is legally authorised to provide it on their behalf; and
- notify the individual concerned that personal information is being collected, either at the time of collection or as
soon as practicable afterwards.
The Company will declare to individuals from whom information is collected:
- the purpose for collecting the personal information;
- whether or not the collection is voluntary and any consequences for not providing it;
- how the information is to be held and the intended recipients;
- the name and address of any agency used to collect information on their behalf; and
- how individuals can obtain access to their information, check it for accuracy and completeness, and make application to correct it.
The Company will manage personal information responsibly by:
- taking reasonable steps to ensure that personal information held is relevant to the purpose for which it was collected, accurate, up
to date and not misleading;
- retaining personal information for no longer than necessary; then disposing of it securely in accordance with approved methods;
- protecting it from loss or unauthorised access, use, disclosure, or misuse; and from unauthorised modification;
- taking reasonable steps to prevent its disclosure without authorisation by external service providers; and
- only disclosing personal information outside the company where:
- its disclosure has been consented to by the individual to whom it relates; or
- its disclosure is required by law and requested in an authorised written form; or
- t is reasonably believed to be necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to life or health of any person.